Summary Of Functions
The Control System Programmer is responsible for the completion of the code for the control of installed systems. In conjunction with the Project Manager and the Engineer in Charge the Control System Programmer is responsible to keep projects to roll out a complete control solution within budget without compromising safety and quality standards, in addition to meeting customer, statutory/regulatory, and organizational requirements. The Control System Programmer is also responsible to assist in code corrections for service calls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with PM and EIC to confirm all system functionality and programming requirements are understood and carried out.
- Uses final engineering documents from EIC which include drawings, scopes of work and bills of material to create the code needed for projects.
- Responsible for sending user interface samples to PM for approval from End User.
- Responsible for confirming full functionality meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- Travels to locations for site visits, on site programming and commissioning as needed.
- Promptly reports all functionality or customer issues to Project Manager and helps work on resolution of issues; assures that project is completed on time and on budget.
- Escalation contact for onsite service calls for remote support and code changes.
- Performs other project duties as required.
Education or Experience
- High school diploma or GED is required
- At least five years prior experience in Controls Programming
- Crestron Programming Certification is preferred
- ACE certification preferred
- Experience In C# and HTML5 is strongly preferred
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential
- Good leadership skills are needed
- Experience and Certifications in QSYS, Biamp, Cisco and Polycom highly desired
- Requires someone with a high attention to detail and extreme sense of urgency
A high school diploma or GED is required; At least five years prior experience in Controls Programming. At least five years prior experience in Controls Programming Crestron Programming Certification is preferred. ACE certification preferred. Experience In C# and HTML5 is strongly preferred. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential. Good leadership skills are needed. Experience and Certifications in QSYS, Biamp, Cisco and Polycom highly desired. Requires someone with a high attention to detail and extreme sense of urgency.
Ability to communicate orally with management and other co-workers is important. Regular use of audio, video, telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Standing or sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is important for conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect building plans, blueprints and drawings.
Heavy lifting will be required. Exertion of up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, or measuring tools is required.
Able to understand and utilize architectural or engineering drawings, utilize financial reports and legal documents to conduct business.
On site installations can take place out of normal business hours and for days exceeding 8 hours per day.
The job is performed indoors and outdoors in a variety of settings, including the office, construction sites, and warehouse. Some travel is required for this position. Travel requirements very from month to month and could go as high as 75% some months.
For more information or to inquire about future openings for this position, please send a resume to email@example.com