Summary Of Functions
The Lead Service Technician handles all onsite service tickets for the customer. They are the focal contact for issues that arise with the customers A/V systems and technology. The lead technician will record all issues that exist in the SVT ticketing system and will respond to correct the problems that arise. The lead technician will act as a liaison between the customer and SVT and will deliver a premium customer experience to the end users.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works as part of the SVT team to meet deliverables
- Takes part in on site orientations and meetings; assures that established policies
and procedures are followed
- Promptly reports all on site issues brought to them and provide resolutions when
- Insures that any assistance needed from an engineer or programmer is promptly
requested and sourced for
- Maintains outstanding communications with the site contact to ensure status of
issues are prompt and customer understands where resolution of the issue is
- Performs other project duties as required
- May require travel to headquarters for training and leadership visits
- Considered the Lead Technician on site when more than one technician is needed
- Travel required approximately 90% of the time
- During non-travel days, expected to be in the office assisting team and customers
with open tickets
- Requires use of internal CRM system
Reports directly to the Service Manager.
A high school diploma or GED is required; At least five years prior experience in AV Integration. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential. Good leadership skills are needed. Experience with on-site project management is highly desirable. Desire someone with a high attention to detail and extreme sense of urgency. Nurse call and security experience highly desirable but not required.
Ability to communicate orally with management and other co-workers is important. Regular use of audio, video, telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Standing or sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is important for conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect building plans, blueprints and drawings. Heavy lifting will be required. Exertion of up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines or measuring tools is required. Able to understand and utilize architectural or engineering drawings, utilize financial reports and legal documents to conduct business. On site installations can take place out of normal business hours and for days exceeding 8 hours per day.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer and/or calculator.
For more information or to inquire about future openings for this position, please send a resume to email@example.com