Summary Of Functions
The Procurement Manager is responsible for negotiating, purchasing, monitoring inventory. They must monitor inventory and strive to improve cost effectiveness for supply chain activities. They are responsible for filing backend claims such as government & educational rebates, marketing funds, price protections, volume incentive rebates, and responsible for opportunity registrations for our sales team with SVT suppliers and the collection of these funds. This role requires the ability to work in a fastpaced environment and collaborate with cross functional teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for efficient purchasing of inventory, supplies, and capital equipment. Receives purchase requests and verifies for accuracy and authorization(s). Periodically evaluates vendors/suppliers and evaluates and recommends new/substitute vendors, when necessary.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders; determines and negotiates prices, delivery, and credit terms; buys according to established company policies and procedures; maintains accurate purchasing records.
- Expedite purchase orders as necessary and ensures delivery of purchased items for uninterrupted manufacturing flow.
- Create purchase orders for authorized partners for labor.
- Monitor and maintain authorized partner required documentation.
- Maintain rapport and good working relationships with vendors; keeps accurate vendor records.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining reports for supplier programs.
- Monitor and document SVT progress toward supplier milestones and escalates programs we pose a risk of failing to meet said milestones.
- Provide data analysis of supplier enablement activities and support calls with sales team.
- Provide prioritized list of suppliers to the sales team quarterly to help focus and standardize purchasing.
- Perform other purchasing or inventory control duties as necessary or as requested.
Reports to the Sales Operations Manager. Coordinates activities with all departments, especially Project Management, Accounts Payable, Administration and Inventory Control Manager.
A bachelor’s degree (majoring in Purchasing or Supply Chain) or two years purchasing experience is required. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential. Familiarity with accounting, purchasing, and spreadsheet applications is required.
Ability to communicate orally with vendors, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information, and to prepare or inspect documents. No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines. Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems. Must be able to apply knowledge of statistical tools to quality assurance. Must also be able to understand and utilize financial reports and legal documents to conduct business.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer.
For more information or to inquire about future openings for this position, please send a resume to email@example.com