Join our Team!!
SVT is currently hiring experienced Senior Project Managers
SVT is a value-added distributor of technology solutions and services, providing a premier client experience. Simply stated integrity is our infrastructure. Over 60 years of success in the technology industry has been a direct result of maintaining our core principles. By staying dedicated to our clients, committed to our workforce and loyal to our partners, we have firmly established a best-in-class cornerstone to our existence. Certifications and continuing education are a vital part of our ability to bring the best solutions to our customers. Our team members have clear career and training plans that encourage professional development to benefit themselves and our customers.
In addition, SVT is a member of both the National Systems Contractors Association (NSCA) and InfoComm International. We are currently certified through InfoComm as an Audio/Video Solutions Provider at the Emerald level. Other affiliations include Media Communications Association-International (MCA-I) and American Institute of Architects-Professional Affiliate (AIA-PA).
SVT KEY DIFFERENTIATORS
SVT remains committed to aligning our recruitment strategy with our internal clients’ needs (employees). We’re focused on attracting top-talent to niche practice areas with an emphasis on candidates with prior industry experience who can work positively with others and collaborate in a team setting.
WORK LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS • Telecommute options • Flexible Schedules • Generous Vacation Policy • Generous Number of Paid Holidays • Generous Sick/Personal Day Policy • Corporate Sponsored Activities (Team Outings, Catered Meals, Holiday Parties) • Paid Family Leave Program (Mother/Father)
HEALTH & LIFE INSURANCE OPTIONS • Substantial Medical coverage subsidy • Medical Insurance • Prescription Insurance • Dental Insurance • Paid $10,000 life insurance • Optional Employee and Dependent life insurance • Optional Short- and Long-Term disability insurance • Vision Insurance • Flexible Spending Account – FSA • Flexible Spending Account for Child Care
COMPENSATION PROGRAMS • 401(K) • Paid Family Leave Program • Monthly bonus incentives • Yearly bonus incentives • Credit card points program • Employee appreciation packages (Gift cards, event tickets, getaway weekends, car detailing) • Paid Vacation • Paid Training • Employee Referral Program • Recognition Awards • Paid Sick Days • Paid Holidays • Paid Company Apparel (coats, shirts, hats)
This is NOT an entry-level role. This position is for an experienced Senior Project Manager supervises, directs, and coordinates all resources and processes to enable a satisfactory completion of each project, within budget without compromising safety and quality standards. In addition, meeting customer, statutory, regulatory, and organizational requirements. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the managing the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific AV systems integration projects. Additionally, the Senior Project Manager is the single point of responsibility and accountability for assigned projects for SVT. SVT has the highest of expectation that each Senior Project Manager will deliver professionally installed systems, ensure projects achieve on time, scope, budget, quality, safety and customer satisfaction requirements under budget, resulting in long-term customer relationships. Viable candidates will need the following abilities and experiences:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review & understand SOWs and project contract to determine time to deliver, allotment of available and required internal and/or third-party resources to various phases of project (people and dollars)
- Responsible for coordinating all activities associated with the timely, accurate, and on-budget completion of the project, according to established project management procedures
- Responsible for effective communication with customer including change orders and delivery, on-site visits (as needed)
- Attend weekly team review of all projects and statuses and utilization. Raise any issues to management for escalation
- Maintain and develop strong relationship with customers with direct interaction with focus on improving customers’ perception of service, quality, on time delivery, responsiveness, and problem solving
- Respond to communications from customers regarding problems or concerns in a timely and professional manner with by returning all phone calls or emails by the end of each business day
- Travel to various job sites required
- Develop and maintain the necessary relationships for each project (client representatives, contractor representatives, managers, engineers and installers)
- Responsible for the financial performance of each project from a labor perspective
- Ensure all work complies with company policies, procedures, standards and conventions
- Assure each system build is in accordance with installation drawings and that red lines are delivered back to the Design Engineer, in order to generate as-builts
- Oversee travel arrangements for the transportation of Installers when assigned from other regions
- Develops project schedules in conjunction with the customer’s requirements and approves overtime as necessary to meet project schedules
- Recruits, hires, and trains external sub-contractors on relevant functions; conducts orientations and meetings; assures that established policies and procedures are followed. Also, negotiates budgets for all installation projects up front.
- Coach, manage and lead Installation Technicians with onsite training endeavors and provides detailed direction and supervision of Installers for assigned projects
- Performs other project duties as required.
Skills and Abilities
- Able to creatively problem solve and analyze complex problems and generate solutions
- Able to deftly coordinate internal and external resources for successful project results
- Understand all revenue, cost and margin aspects of project management including percent complete accounting
- Effective communication and interaction with employees, clients and colleagues
- Minimum of 3+ years Project Management experience in Audio-Visual integration, Communication Collaboration, IT, Networking, Telecommunications, Structured Cabling or related industry
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in the Audio-Visual industry strongly preferred (AV industry experience may outweigh the number of years required experience in Project Management)
- A bachelor’s degree in business or communications is preferred. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential. Good leadership skills are needed.
- Project management certification (e.g., PMP) is highly desirable.
- Effectively manage multiple projects
- Demonstrate time management skills with attention to detail
- Understand technical and construction documents
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Microsoft Project and Adobe Acrobat
- Valid Driver’s License and a Motor Vehicle Record
For more information or to inquire about future openings for this position, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org