Summary Of Functions
The Engineer in Charge is responsible for the technical success of a project. In conjunction with the Project Manager the Engineer in Charge is responsible to keep projects running smoothly and within budget without compromising safety and quality standards, in addition to meeting customer, statutory/regulatory, and organizational requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews sold scope of work with SA and PM.
- Works with PM and End User to confirm all system functionality and programming requirements are understood and carried out.
- Creates final engineering documents for projects using signed off on Scope of Work and Bill of Materials which include but are not limited to marked up
drawings, final list of materials including all cables and connectors. Uses internal system when required for order entry.
- Responsible for notifying client of all power, data and IP requirements.
- Travels to locations for site visits, on site engineering and commissioning as needed.
- Promptly reports all functionality or customer issues to Project Manager and helps work on resolution of issues; assures that project is completed on time and on budget.
- Main customer contact for all technical questions pertaining to projects.
- Escalation contact for on site service calls for remote support.
- Performs other project duties as required.
Education or Experience
- High school diploma or GED is required
- At least 5 years’ experience in A/V integration
- At least five years prior experience in Unified Communications and Networking.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential.
- Good leadership skills are needed.
- Experience and Certifications in Crestron, Biamp, Cisco and Polycom highly desired.
- Cisco CCNA or equivilant certifications.
- Requires someone with a high attention to detail and extreme sense of urgency.
- CTS preferred.
A high school diploma or GED is required; At least five years prior experience in AV Integration. At least five years prior experience in Unified Communications and Networking. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential. Good leadership skills are needed. Experience and Certifications in Crestron, Biamp, Cisco and Polycom highly desired. Cisco CCNA or equivilant certifications. Requires someone with a high attention to detail and extreme sense of urgency. CTS preferred.
Ability to communicate orally with management and other co-workers is important. Regular use of audio, video, telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Standing or sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is
important for conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect building plans, blueprints and drawings.
Heavy lifting will be required. Exertion of up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines or measuring tools is required.
Able to understand and utilize architectural or engineering drawings, utilize financial reports and legal documents to conduct business.
On site installations can take place out of normal business hours and for days exceeding 8 hours per day.
The job is performed indoors and outdoors in a variety of settings, including the office, construction sites, and warehouse. Some travel is required for this position. Travel can be up to 75% at certain times.
For more information or to inquire about future openings for this position, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org